Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Respecting the Care

It would be the most abrupt post I have ever written. Or most abrupt anything I have ever written.


It's a funny thing actually. When people come and start talking to you sharing their lives; you start caring for them; you do; strange, still, you do, even if you don't know them for a long time. You care to an extent that you also get concerned for them. You do; foolish, yes; you still do.


Then one fine sunny day, when you are just inquiring about their well-being out of pure care, what do you get? A nice little message saying that you don't have a place in their heart; it is goddamn crowded with people already there; comic; as if you were looking for a seat there. Oh, that also means you were not to be concerned for them; you were not to ask anything; you were not to say anything; you are goddamn not supposed to care; comic?

I have pets, nice honest to heaven dogs. They belong to different breeds; but they have few similar characteristics: they are loyal, yes; they are trust-worthy, yes; they trust me, yes; they care, yes. It may sound strange, but I can feel these qualities of them always.


I have also a full heart, with people occupying their corners. But still I manage one small corner from where I respect their care and trust. I always do.


The funniest thing of all, I lived about with an illusion that human beings too can recognize a fellow being's care and at least respect it, not necessarily reciprocate it; reciprocity not being a requisite for care.


We care because we care. May be that's why we get silk-knifed on every street corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If this got you thinking, share your thought with me.

They Don't Fit in the Pocket

I must have been in Class 7 when I read my first Hindi pulp fiction. It was a novel named  Sile Huye Honth  (Sewn Lips). The hero of the...